Get to know the veteran and small-town mayor impacting communities like yours.
As a proven frontline leader and advocate, I will fight on your behalf to improve community health and wellness levels.
Like many throughout the State of Texas and Nation, the needs of the people and I are hand-in-hand to ensure underserved, underrepresented, suburban, and rural communities are more than “thought of” in policies.
Too often, those with the power to influence change are invested in self-interest which is why I’m committed to identifying means and supporting work focused on overcoming systemic inequities.
Only by holding federal, state, county, and municipal officials and entities accountable for monies received and expected services will inclusive policies and enhanced programs through local and regional collaboration occur.
- Ensuring suitable and affordable basic coverage for all
- Increasing access to primary care and mental healthcare
- Infrastructure investments in rural hospitals
- Lowering prescription drugs costs
- Revamp the transition process to enhance integration into civilian life and the workforce
- Increase mixed study use of GI Bill benefits
- Advocate to reduce veteran homelessness and expand support for PTSD and TBI
- Increased teacher pay, advanced degree stipends, and specialized training
- Better retirement benefits
- Better resources for public schools
- Dual certification and career pathway programs
- Greater support and funding to HBCUs, community colleges, and vocational schools
- A livable environment for future generations by reducing fossil fuel and other toxic resources
- Ensuring safe and clean water for drinking and common day usage
- Protecting smaller and underserved communities
- Fighting for workers to have new jobs that pay just as well in a new energy sector as they do in fossil fuels
- Ensuring the safety and inclusion of our underserved, underrepresented, and LGBTQ+ community
- Ensuring a woman’s right to choose and have privacy over health decisions
- Expanding voter access to the ballot
- Mitigating the unnecessary creation of new laws and policies
- Crisis mapping of resources
- Working with advocacy groups to ensure desired outcomes are effectively termed and communicated to the governmental agencies intended
- Holding every leader accountable regardless of party, position, or demographic trait
- Ensuring leadership meets people and businesses where they are at to enable environmental and extenuating circumstances comprehension
- Flattening the communication and decision-making channels for greater community involvement
- Expanding rural broadband
- Enhance the quality of training and certifications for small business owners to improve market share
- Improve roads and arterials especially among rural and neglected communities in Texas
- Increase the number of workforce housing to decrease transit workforces